Modern Software Development Professionals face both expanding data analysis requirements, as well as increasingly complex data maintenance activities.
Presented by a principal software development engineer & trainer, "Introduction to Hibernate" presents an insightful, hands-on approach to using Hibernate.
Pricing based upon attendance.
United States & Canada.
You will use Hibernate technology to overcome specific problems related to data persistence in Java applications. This course is designed for experienced Java programmers who want to enhance their applications with the power of Hibernate.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a simple Hibernate application.
- Describe Hibernate data persistence.
- Work with different object states and components.
- Work with inheritance mapping.
- Work with associations.
- Work with Hibernate Query Language (HQL.)
- Manage transactions and concurrency.
- Jump-start Development using Code-generation.
Participants must be an experienced Java programmer. Familiarity with the SQL Database concepts is recommended.
Getting Started with Hibernate
- Object Relational Mapping
- Introduction to Hibernate
Developing a Simple Hibernate Application
- Create a Hibernate Configuration File
- Map POJOs to a Database Table
- Integrate POJOs into an Application
Working with Persistent Objects
- Manipulate Objects States
- Implement Component Mapping
Working with Inheritance Mapping
- Work with the Table Per Class Hierarchy
- Work with the Table Per Subclass Hierarchy
- Work with the Table Per Concrete Class
Working with Associations
- Work with One-to-One Associations
- Work with Many-to-One Associations
- Work with Many-to-Many Associations
Working with Hibernate Query Language (HQL)
- Create Simple HQL Queries
- Create Joins and Subqueries
Managing Transactions and Concurrency
- Transaction Scope
- Work with Concurrent Access